MaineHousing currently offers a 3 hour training class for real estate professionals which provides a comprehensive overview of MaineHousing's mortgage programs and the benefits to borrowers, sellers and real estate professionals.
This class has been approved by the Maine State Real Estate Commission for 3 hours of continuing education credits (CEUs) toward license renewal. This class is as a live presentation by MaineHousing staff at your location, as an online class via The Real Estate Learning Group .
Key elements covered during the training class include:
- Eligibility criteria for both borrowers and properties being purchased.
- Down payment & closing cost assistance.
- The Purchase Plus Improvements option (PPI), which allows the borrower to finance both the home purchase and necessary repairs in one transaction at one low fixed interest rate (frequently used to purchase and refurbish REOs).
- A payment protection program for borrowers who become unemployed (Maine HOPE).
- Why recapture is rarely a concern for borrowers.
- And more . . .
To arrange a training at a location of your choice, please contact MaineHousing's Partner Outreach Officer, Lisa McKenna at 207-626-4641 or firstname.lastname@example.org.