The National Housing Trust Fund program (HTF) is a federal resource that MaineHousing allocates to developers to provide funding for the creation of affordable rental housing within the State of Maine for extremely low income (30% or less of Area Median Income) households for a minimum of 45 years. The source of funds for this RFP is the federal Housing Trust Fund. For 2019, MaineHousing is making up to $5,400,000 of HTF funds available under this RFP. The maximum award per project is $900,000.
All applicants will be required to describe the extent to which they can address one or more of the following Consolidated Plan priorities:
- Improve Housing Quality,
- Expand the Supply of Affordable Housing,
- and/or Help Maine People Attain Housing Stability
Eligible activities and expenses include:
Eligible forms of assistance include:
- Real property acquisition
- Site improvements and development hard costs
- Related soft costs
- Financing costs
- Relocation assistance
- Operating cost assistance for rental housing
- Reasonable administrative and planning costs
- Equity investments
- Interest-bearing loans or advances
- Non-interest bearing loans or advances
- Interest subsidies
- Deferred payment loans
- Other forms of assistance approved by HUD
Please see the Consolidated Plan for more details.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a not-for-profit organization.
- Are a municipality.
- Are a Tribal Housing Authority
- Are a Public Housing Authority
Please review the MaineHousing 2019 Supportive Housing RFP . For additional information, please contact us: